These are the Best Ever Brownies! They are thick, fudgy and chewy. This easy brownie recipe is the best homemade version out there; you'll never go back to the box mix again!
- 1 c unsalted butter (or two sticks)
- 2 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c semisweet chocolate chips (or your favorite chopped chocolate)
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 by 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray or a bit of canola/vegetable oil.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, heat the butter on high until fully melted. Remove from the microwave. Stir in sugar and chocolate chips until smooth and silky. The heat of the butter will melt everything together.
- Allow the butter mixture to cool slightly and come back to room temp.
- When ready, add eggs, then the vanilla extract, mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter/sugar/chocolate chip mixture and gently fold & stir together until there are just a few small clumps in the batter. Do not over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for about 30-40 minutes. The top should have large cracks and if you insert a knife into the middle, it should be just about clean. 🙂
- Allow the brownies to cool completely and slice into bars.
Recipe adapted from: Lovely Little Kitchen