This easy homemade Blueberry Danish with Mascarpone is made with puff pastry, mascarpone cheese and beautiful, fresh blueberries. Using only a handful of ingredients, learn how to make this easy Danish braid in under 30 minutes.
For the Danish
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry ((thawed but still cold))
- 6 oz mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 c granulated sugar
- zest of 1/2 of a lemon
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 egg + 2 tsp water ((for the egg wash))
For the Glaze
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- juice of 1/2 of a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, sugar and lemon zest. Set aside.
- On top of a large piece of parchment, roll out the puff pastry to a large rectangle.
- Visualize the pastry into thirds going lengthwise; spread the cheese mixture down the middle of the pastry.
- Sprinkle the blueberries on top of the cheese.
- Using a pastry wheel, pizza cutter of knife, slice off the bottom corners of the pastry.
- Slice about 10 strips on both sides (or however many you need, just make sure there's the same amount on both sides), at an angle.
- Tuck the top end onto the center, and then begin braiding the strips, which means placing them on the cheese, alternating each side.
- When you're down to the last set of strips, tuck the bottom in, and then place the final two strips on top.
- Brush the entire danish with the egg wash.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until puffy and a deep golden brown.
- Allow the pastry to fully cool.
- In a small bowl, make the glaze. Combine the powdered sugar and lemon juice. If the glaze is not thin enough, add a little milk or hot water until you've reached a drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze over the pastry.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge, although I'm certain there won't be any. 🙂
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com