These are the best Carrot Cake Cupcakes! They are supremely moist & super carrot-y! This is an easy Easter dessert recipe that is quick to put together using a secret ingredient that is next level genius.
- 1 ½c canola or vegetable oil
- 2 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2, 4oz jars of carrot baby food (100% carrots)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 oz Mascarpone cheese (room temp)
- 1 stick butter (room temp)
- dash vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 5 c powdered sugar
- 3-4 tbsp milk, more or less depending on the thickness of the frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Prepare two, 12CT cupcake tins with cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, mix the oil, sugar and eggs, baby food and vanilla with a hand mixer on low speed.
- Place a sifter on the same bowl and sift in the flour, baking soda, cinnamon & salt.
- Slowly combine the dry ingredients into the wet mixture, ensuring to scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl. Mix for 2 minutes at a medium speed.
- Pour the batter into each cupcake cavity, filling it 3/4 of the way.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once the cupcakes are done baking, allow to cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and place on a cooling rack.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, beat together the mascarpone cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla & salt. Mix well.
- Slowly add the sugar. For every 2 cups of sugar you add, begin to add a tablespoon of milk. You may need more or less milk depending on the thickness of the frosting. I usually end up using 3 tablespoons of milk for soft yet pipable frosting. Feel free to add more sugar if you accidentally added too much milk!
- After adding the milk and sugar, beat the frosting for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Frost your cupcakes!
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com