This carrot cake is ridiculously moist and bakes up beautifully. It doesn't get much easier than a one bowl, mix-all-ingredients-at-once recipe and my secret carrot ingredient is next level genius.
For the Cake
- 1 1/2 c canola or vegetable oil
- 2 c sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 large jars of carrot baby food (large jars would be 4oz each)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 brick cream cheese (8 oz) (room temp)
- 1 stick butter (room temp)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 c powdered sugar
- 4-5 tbsp milk (more or less depending on the thickness of the frosting.)
For the Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients by hand in a large bowl. Preferably start with the wet ingredients and work your way to the dry (as listed in order here). Mix well after each addition.
- Pour into greased & floured cake pans lined with parchment (this cake has a tendency to stick). Makes enough batter for a sheet cake or 2 full, round cake pans.
- Bake time will depend on the pan you're using, but a round pan will take about 30-40 min or so. Cake is done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a baking rack.
For the Frosting
- Beat cream cheese & butter in a stand mixer or using a hand mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla & salt.
- Slowly add the sugar. For every 2 cups of sugar you add, begin to add a tablespoon of milk. You may need more or less milk depending on the thickness of the frosting.
- Beat until fully combined; smooth and spreadable.
- Frost your cake and serve!!!
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com