- 1 c butter (melted; you can use either salted or unsalted, if you're using salted you may want to omit ¼ tsp of the added salt later on)
- 1 ½ c light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- ½ c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 c chocolate chips for the dough, + ½ c reserved (dark or semi-sweet work best)
- Flaky sea salt to sprinkle on the top (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and sugars using a spoon or spatula. Mix thoroughly until all the sugar is incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla and eggs, mix well until fully incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Next, add the flour into the bowl (do not mix yet). On top of the flour, stir in the baking soda and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the butter/sugar mixture until all of the flour is absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Gently toss in the chocolate chips until well mixed.
- Scoop out cookie dough onto the lined tray using a 3 tablespoon size scoop. Leave plenty of room as these will spread a bit. I keep it to 6 cookies per tray.
- Flatten the tops slightly using the tips of your fingers. Top with some of the reserved chocolate chips & sprinkle lightly with flaky sea salt if you desire.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes. Cookies should be a medium-dark golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the tray.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies