Bakery Style Chocolate Chunk Muffins
This easy recipe for Bakery Style Chocolate Chunk Muffins makes muffins that are moist, fluffy & have great muffin tops (the most important part of a muffin). This muffin recipe sets the perfect stage for delicious chocolate chunks or chocolate chips. I love that these muffins are not overly sweet or greasy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- 2 ½ c all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ c butter melted & cooled (I’ve used unsalted and salted for this recipe, both work well. If you’re salt sensitive and using salted butter, simply omit ¼ tsp of the added salt that this recipe calls for)
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 c buttermilk or whole milk
- 1 ½ c chocolate chunks (regular chocolate chips can be used as well!)
- ½ tbsp all purpose flour (set aside)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Put paper liners in a cupcake tin.
- In small bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt)
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the eggs and mix until well combined. Pour in the milk and mix. Batter will be very liquidy and thin at this point.
- Slowly add half of the flour and fold it into the mixture. Once mostly combined, add the remaining flour. Continue folding into the mixture until the flour has just absorbed. Do not mix any further!
- Pour the chocolate chunks In the same bowl that you mixed the dry ingredients in. Sprinkle the ½ tbsp of flour over the chocolate and mix/shake around. You want to lightly coat the chocolate chunks with the flour; this helps them not to sink to the bottom of the muffins.
- Once coated, add the chocolate to the batter. Fold them in gently.
- Using a cookie scoop (or normal tablespoon), put 6 tablespoons of batter into each cup (I used a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop, so that’s two scoops).
- Bake for 5 minutes. Then, reduce the temp to 375°F. Bake for 5-6 minutes and rotate pan for even baking. Bake for another 5-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven when finished baking and remove from the pan to cool on a rack. These muffins are freezer friendly!
Keywords: Chocolate Chunk Muffins