- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (chilled and cubed)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (chilled)
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cold butter on medium for about 1 minute.
- Add the sugars and mix until incorporated. Next, add the eggs and the vanilla. Mix on medium to low speed for a minute or two; the mixture should look a bit separated. That's OK!
- Slowly begin to add the dry ingredients. Mix on low speed just until the dough comes together.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Scoop 1 cup of the dough onto a parchment lined sheet tray and form it into a mound, flattening with your hand slightly. Place the entire tray in the freezer and freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the tray directly from the freezer to oven and bake for about 20-25 min or until the edges are medium golden brown. Remove from the tray after 10 min and cool on a rack before serving.
In place of chocolate chips, I think chocolate chunks would work even better!
Recipe by: Giada de Laurentiis, Giadzy.com