Healthy Breakfast Cookies are gluten free, vegan and packed with wholesome nutrition! These easy to make, healthy cookies are packed with protein and fiber. They are a great on the go, make ahead breakfast for a clean eating lifestyle!
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 5 tbsp lukewarm water
- 1 ½ c old fashioned oats
- ½ c almond flour
- ¼ c flaxseed meal
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground cloves
- ⅔ c dried cherries (other dried fruit can be used!)
- ¼ c roasted, unsalted sunflower seeds (other seeds/nuts can be used!)
- ¼ c raw pepitas (other seeds/nuts can be used!)
- ¼ c coconut oil
- ¼ c pure maple syrup (honey can also be used for a non-vegan option; raw honey is great for this recipe!)
- 1 banana (mashed)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the chia seeds and water. Stir and set aside for 5 minutes. This creates the "chia eggs".
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almond flour, flaxseed meal, cinnamon, cloves, cherries, sunflower seeds and pepitas.
- In a glass measuring cup, melt the coconut oil in the microwave until it is completely liquid (it doesn't need to be hot, just melted through. 30 seconds should be enough).
- To the oil, add the maple syrup, mashed banana, vanilla and chia eggs. Stir until mostly combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir with a wooden spoon until the mixture is completely moistened.
- Using a ⅓ measuring cup, measure the mixture into your hands. Mold the batter into a round patty, about ½ inch thick. Place on the tray.
- Bake cookies for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown on the edges.
- Store cookies in the freezer.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
Feel free to swap out the sunflower seeds, pepitas, fruit and spices for different flavor profiles
Some ideas..Dried coconut & dried pineapple, Golden raisins and chopped walnuts, Dried apricots and cashews, Macadamia nuts and dried cranberries
Keywords: Healthy Breakfast Cookies