A Jam Crostata is a rustic, easy to make tart, and it is deliciously magnificent. This is the perfect dessert for entertaining. It is a quick and elegant dessert.
- 3/4 cup (or 12 tablespoons) unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup high quality fruit jam (not jelly) (any flavor)
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Set aside a tart shell pan and place on top of a sheet pan (this will make it easier to handle). No need to prep or grease the pan.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and almond extracts and the salt. Mix just until combined.
- At a low mixing speed, gradually add the flour, mixing just until combined. The dough should be crumbly.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the dough and set aside. I used a 1/2c measuring cup and gently scooped it out (do not pack it down). Place the 1/2c of dough onto a piece of plastic wrap, press into a thin 1/4inch disk. Cover with plastic wrap. Place in the freezer.
- Transfer the remaining dough to the pan and press the dough firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Stir the jam in the jar until smooth- it will be easier to spread this way. Spread the 1/3c of jam over the dough, but not all the way to the edge. Leave some room!
- Take the dough disk out of the freeze and crumble over the jam. Sprinkle the almonds over the top.
- Bake tart for 45-50 minutes or until light golden brown.
- After baking, allow to cool. Remove from the pan and cut into wedges or bars.
Recipe from BakeOrBreak.com