- 15 oz pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs ((room temp))
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c vegetable or canola oil
- 3 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c unsalted butter ((melted, cooled))
- 2/3 c water ((room temp))
- 3 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cardamom ((optional))
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grease two loaf pans with shortening or butter. Set aside.
- In a very large bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, vanilla, oil, sugar, butter and water until fully blended.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (the remaining ingredients).
- Carefully add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir well to combine and mix until all the flour is absorbed.
- Bake for 50 minutes and check on the loaves. Once they begin to brown, take a piece of aluminum foil and tent it over the tops. My loaves took approximately 70 minutes to bake all the way through. The foil prevented the tops from browning further while the inside continued to bake. At the one hour mark, take a toothpick and test the center; bake until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 20-30min. Remove from pan and fully cool on a baking rack.
Will make 2 loaves or 24 large muffins.