For the Cookie
- 1 c unsalted butter (at room temp)
- 1 c brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- ½ c pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all purpose flour
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground clove
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground cardamom ((optional))
- 2 tsp ground, instant espresso
- ½ c *granulated sugar for rolling*
For the Icing
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and sugar until light and fluffy using a hand mixer.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract and pumpkin puree. Mix on medium until combined.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, spices & espresso.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients and gently mix in until just combined. The batter will be thick but have the consistency of cake batter. This recipe will not form a 'cookie dough', so do not be alarmed. 🙂
- Pour the ½ cup of granulated sugar into a bowl and set aside.
- Using a tablespoon size cookie scoop, scoop the dough and release it into the bowl of sugar. Roll to coat. Place the dough ball onto the prepared tray. Place the dough balls about 2 ½ inches apart. These cookies do spread!
- Bake for 10-13min or until the edges are slightly golden brown.
- While the cookies are baking, prepare the icing. Mix the powdered sugar, espresso and add the heavy cream. Then add the vanilla bean paste. Lastly, stir in the hot water until you reach a drizzling consistency.
- Allow the icing to sit for at least 15-30 minute to allow the coffee to dissolve.
- Once the cookies are done baking, allow to cool on the trays. Drizzle with the icing and let dry for about 1 hour.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes