- 1 box of unsalted saltines or graham crackers
- 2 sticks of butter ((I'd go with unsalted))
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil (be sure to use a half size baking sheet, approx 13 x 18 inches that has a lip/edge). Lightly grease with butter or a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Lay out your crackers on the baking sheet in tight rows, ensuring to cover the entire sheet.
- In a medium pot, heat up the sugar and butter on medium heat until fully melted and it comes to a boil. Once you see the mixture boiling, remove from the heat.
- Pour the boiling butter/sugar mixture over the crackers. Carefully spread the mixture over each cracker evenly.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the crackers are a medium golden brown.
- The crackers will likely shift around due to the candy bubbling in the oven. Once removed from the oven, take a knife or fork to gently get the crackers back in line. The toffee will begin to harden up, so be sure to do this quickly!
- Allow to fully cool.
- Once fully cooled and hardened, break toffee into pieces. Place in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin, or pulse a couple of times in a food processor.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com