Homemade Almond Paste is so easy and inexpensive to make! You'll need just a few simple ingredients and a couple of minutes using a food processor. Learn how to make almond paste to use in all of your favorite almond recipes.
- 1 ½ c almond flour
- ¾ c powdered sugar
- 1 egg white
- ½ tsp almond extract
- In the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade, combine the almond flour and sugar. Pulse a few times to combine.
- Add the egg white and almond extract.
- Mix for up to a couple of minutes or until large crumbles form. The paste should be sticky but not stick to your fingers much. It should be soft & pliable.
- When ready, roll into a log and place in a sheet of plastic wrap.
- Allow to chill in the fridge for at least 30min before using. Almond paste can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 months or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
- You can easily double the recipe in the same batch as needed.
- Use amaretto liqueur in place of almond extract
- Use a powdered sugar substitute such as Swerve, to make a sugar free or keto version.
- Serving Size: About 1 ounce
- Calories: 64
- Sugar: 9g
Keywords: how to make almond paste, homemade, recipe, almond horns, almond cookies, sugar free, keto almond paste