Hi! I’m so glad you stopped by! I hope you’re enjoying the blog and all of my recipes!
I love baking and I love owl things!! Plus, if you can’t find me, I’ll be baking!
OBB was created by me in 2016 as a means to share my favorite recipes with family, old friends and a hopefully a few new friends. I love bringing new and exciting recipes to other home bakers. I hope you find lots of new favorites here!
A FEW FUN FACTS about me
- Jersey born & raised, although I’d rather be somewhere on the coast of Maine.
- My baking is heavily influenced by my Italian ancestry. I truly enjoy living la dolce vita!
- Foods I cannot live without (typical Jersey-style): Taylor Ham (never pork roll) Egg & Cheese on an everything bagel, REAL PIZZA, an Italian sub, heavy on the vinegar.
- Sweets I cannot live without: Rice Krispie Treats and Strawberry & Vanilla Frozen Yogurt (always with an extra side of sprinkles). I’m also a sucker for fudgy brownies with frosting. I cannot turn away a brownie.
- I’m a HUGE animal lover (that’s my boy, Oliver above). We adopted Oliver in 2013 and he brings so much joy to our lives. He loves to play, he’s VERY talkative and he loves to sit at the kitchen island and keep me company while I bake. His favorite foods are cod, fresh spinach leaves & smoked turkey pastrami. This cat eats better than I do!
- I’m not afraid to try something new. My motto is, try everything at least once in life, even if it scares the living crap out of you! Like that time when I decided to go shark diving. A huge item on my bucket list! I’ve never before experienced a panic attack for a solid 25 minutes, but it was a SUPER cool experience!
- I LOVE DIY things. I have dabbled in all kinds of crafts (paper quilling, polymer clay, card making, painting, pottery…) and I’ve even done large projects such as refinishing furniture and renovating a kitchen. I even assembled the cabinets and tiled the backsplash myself. I’m actually kind of obsessed with home renovations. Thanks, HGTV!
…and best of all, I’m married to the most wonderful person.
Our wedding was an absolute dream. Fun lil tidbit and tip for any brides to be out there; I forgot to take my black hair tie off my wrist for all of our first look photos.
Thank goodness for Photoshop!