Butterscotch Haystacks are an easy, no bake, 2 ingredient cookie. These simple cookies are made with butterscotch chips and crunchy chow mein noodles, but feel free to add in other mix ins such as chocolate, peanut butter, nuts or mini marshmallows.
- 1- 11oz bag of butterscotch chips
- 3 ½ c chow mein noodles
- ⅓ c other mix ins like nuts (optional)
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Melt the butterscotch chips in a large glass bowl. You can do this over a double boiler or in the microwave. If you use the microwave, be sure to do it in 15 second intervals, stirring well in between each so that the chips don't burn.
- Once the butterscotch chips are melted, add in the chow mein noodles.
- Give the noodles a good coating. At this point, add in other mix ins else desired.
- Using two spoons, scoop the coated noodles into bite sized cookies and place them on a tray lined with parchment.
- Allow the cookies to set until the butterscotch is hardened. You can speed up this process by sticking the tray in the freezer or fridge.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
Keywords: Haystacks, Butterscotch Haystacks, Haystack cookies