These are the best chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar! This is an easy recipe for amazing cookies that are both chewy & crispy. This recipe starts with melted butter, is no-chill, no mixer and needs just 1 bowl!
- 1 c butter, melted (unsalted or salted is fine. If you are sensitive to salt, you may want to decrease or omit the added salt below)
- 2 c white, granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- 3 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 c chocolate chips for the dough, + 1/2 c reserved (dark or semi-sweet work best)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Prepare a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and sugars using a spoon or spatula. Mix thoroughly until all the sugar is incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Add the maple syrup (if using), vanilla and eggs; mix well until fully incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Next, add the flour into the bowl (do not mix yet). On top of the flour, stir in the baking soda and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the butter/sugar mixture until all of the flour is absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Gently toss in the 2 cups of chocolate chips until well mixed.
- Scoop out cookie dough onto the lined tray using a 1-2 tablespoon size scoop. Leave plenty of room as these will spread a bit. I keep it to about 9-10 cookies per tray.
- Top the dough balls with some of the reserved chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 10-13 minutes. Since all ovens vary, do not set the timer and walk away. Begin to check the cookies at the 8/9 minute mark. Cookies are done when they are light golden brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool on the tray.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days. Cookies can also be frozen for up to 3 months.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
- The addition of maple syrup will help to make these cookies more chewy. Honey can also be used as a substitute for the syrup. If you don't have either, this recipe will still work well without it.
- Increase bake time for a more crispy cookie!
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar, no brown sugar, 30 minute recipes, no chill cookies