- 1 c butter, melted (unsalted or salted is fine. If you are sensitive to salt, you may want to decrease or omit the added salt below)
- 2 c white, granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure maple syrup (optional)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- 3 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 c chocolate chips for the dough, + 1/2 c reserved (dark or semi-sweet work best)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare a couple of cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted unsalted butter or salted butter and sugar using a spoon or spatula. Mix thoroughly until all the sugar is incorporated, about 1 minute.
- To the butter mixture, add the maple syrup (if using), vanilla and eggs; mix well until fully incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Next, add the flour into the bowl (do not mix yet). On top of the flour, stir in the baking soda and salt. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the butter/sugar mixture until all of the flour is absorbed. Do not over mix.
- Gently add chocolate chips until well mixed.
- Scoop out cookie dough onto the lined baking sheets using a 1-2 tablespoon size scoop. Leave plenty of room as these will spread a bit. I keep it to about 9-10 cookies per each of the baking sheets.
- Top the cookie dough balls with some of the reserved chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 10-13 minutes in the preheated oven. Since all ovens vary, do not set the timer and walk away. Begin to check the cookies at the 8/9 minute mark. Cookies are done when they are light golden brown on the edges. Be sure to not overbake for the most soft and chewy texture.
- Allow the baked cookies to cool completely on the tray.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 4 days after baking cookies. Cookies can also be frozen for up to 3 months in a large zip lock freezer bag.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
- The addition of maple syrup will help to make these cookies more chewy. Honey can also be used as a substitute for the syrup. If you don't have either, this recipe will still work well without it.
- Increase bake time for a more crispy cookie!
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chocolate chip cookies without brown sugar, no brown sugar, 30 minute recipes, no chill cookies