For the Cookies
- 1 c unsalted butter (softened at room temp)
- 1 c granulated sugar
- ½ c light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ¾ c all purpose flour
- 1 ½ tsp cream of tartar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
For the Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- ½ c granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon (Ceylon cinnamon gives this cookie a cinnamon boost!)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars using a hand mixer. Mix on medium to high speed for 3-4 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and add the eggs and vanilla. Cream for 1-2 minutes .
- In the same bowl, add the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Mix on the lowest speed setting until just until combined. Do not overmix.
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon for the coating.
- Using a 1½ tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop balls of dough and drop it into the coating. Gently roll the balls until smooth and fully coated with cinnamon & sugar.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 9-11 minutes. Let cool for several minutes on baking sheet before removing from the pan and onto a cooling rack.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
These cookies freeze very well and will last up to 3 months frozen.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American