- ½ c butter (melted & cooled, unsalted or salted can be used- if using salted, you may want to reduce the added salt to ¼ tsp)
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 c buttermilk or milk
- 2 ½ c all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ½ c sliced or quartered, black seedless grapes (I like the Sable Black Seedless variety; for larger grapes I recommend quartering them)
- sparkling sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Put paper liners in a cupcake tin.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar and vanilla using a spoon or spatula.
- Add the eggs and mix until well combined. Pour in the milk and stir until completely incorporated. The mixture will be very liquidy at this point.
- In smaller bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt)
- Slowly add half of the flour and fold it into the mixture. Stir. Once mostly combined, add the remaining flour. Continue folding the mixture until the flour has just absorbed. Do not mix any further! The batter should be thick and lumps are OK.
- Lastly, add the sliced grapes and gently fold them into the batter.
- Using a cookie scoop (or normal tablespoon), put 6 tablespoons of batter into each cup (I used a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop, so that’s two scoops).
- Add sparkling sugar to the tops of each muffin (optional)
- Bake for 5 minutes. Then, reduce the temp to 375°F for another 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven when finished baking and let rest for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan to finish cooling on a rack. These muffins are freezer friendly for up to 3 months!
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Muffins
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Grape Recipes, Muffins