- 1 c (or 2 sticks) unsalted butter (softened at room temp)
- ¾ c light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- ½ c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs (at room temp)
- 2 ½ c all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1- 10 oz bag of Halloween M&Ms (chopped/crushed)
- 14 full size Reese's peanut butter cups (slice each cup into 8 wedges)
- 4 Tbsp orange and black sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 375° and line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt). Set aside
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy on high speed using a hand mixer. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Add the eggs and mix until fully incorporated.
- Then add in the dry ingredients.
- Mix on the lowest speed setting until 95% of the flour is absorbed. At that point, stop using the mixer and switch to a spatula. Finish incorporating the flour by hand.
- (OPTIONAL) For pretty cookie tops, set aside about ⅓ c of the M&Ms and at least 24 wedges of Reese's cups.
- Fold the remaining candy into the dough along with the sprinkles.
- Measure out the dough by using a 3 tbsp cookie scoop and roll the dough into round balls.
- Place on the prepared cookie sheet, leaving room. These cookies spread a bit, so I stuck to 6 cookies per tray.
- Add a few of the remaining chopped M&Ms to the tops of the cookies.
- Place the tray in the oven and bake for 7 minutes. Rotate the pan and continue baking until golden brown, about 3-4 more minutes.
- Once the cookies are finished baking, press a couple of pieces of peanut butter cups into the tops of each cookie.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for at least 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Will stay fresh for 4-5 days in an airtight container of freeze for up to 3 months.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
Note: When topping the cookies, you can add the M&Ms before baking. For any chocolate candy that's not coated (Reese's, KitKats, Rolos, Snickers etc.) add these AFTER the cookies are baked, when they are hot out of the oven. Otherwise, the candy will burn. Topping the cookies this way is optional. If you don't want to do this, feel free to add all of the M&Ms & Reese's into the cookie dough.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Halloween Cookies, Halloween Party, Halloween Desserts, Halloween Treats