Matcha Brownies are a delicious and unique take on the classic brownie. These brownies are made with matcha powder, which gives them beautiful green color and a distinctive flavor. If you are a green tea lover, you're going to LOVE this recipe!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp ceremonial grade matcha
- 1/4 cup milk or almond milk
Optional: 1 1/2 cups of chopped nuts or white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to the 350°F and line a greased, 8x8 pan with parchment paper (leaving 'wings' on the sides so you can easily lift the brownies out later).
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and sugars in a large bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the eggs stirring well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk or sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and matcha.
- Add all of the dry ingredients all at once, into the bowl with the melted butter mixture.
- Gradually fold and gently stir the ingredients together. If the batter is looking dry, add up to 1/4 c of the milk or almond milk, and combine.
- The batter will still be very thick but all of the flour should have absorbed into the brownie mixture.
- Spread into the greased pan evenly.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Once finished baking, remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to fully cool.
- Do not cut the brownies until they are fully cool.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 4 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
Keywords: matcha brownies, matcha brownie, matcha brownie recipes, vegan matcha brownies