These cookies are packed with oatmeal, finely shredded coconut and dark chocolate chips. They’re super chewy and have a slight crunch on the edges. Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies are sweet and the blend of flavors is absolutely divine.
- 1 c unsalted butter (softened )
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 1 c light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 2/3 c all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 1/2 c quick cooking oats
- 1 c finely shredded, unsweetened coconut
- 1 c dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Measure the oats into a food processor. Pulse several times until the oats are about half in size. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer combine the butter and sugars until light & fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla; mix until well blended.
- In a small bowl, combine the dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, baking powder & salt. Whisk to combine.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture.
- Gently fold in the oats, coconut & chocolate. Refrigerate the dough for 30min.
- Using a 1 1/2 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the baking tray leaving about 2 – 2 1/2 inches apart. Flatten slightly using the tips of your fingers.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool fully on the tray before serving.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com