For the Donuts
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cardamom ((optional))
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 2/3 c pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs ((room temp))
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c whole milk
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Glaze
- 1 2/3 c powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp whole milk
- food coloring or sprinkles for decorating!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare your donut pans by greasing them with butter or shortening.
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients; the flour, baking powder, salt & spices.
- In a large separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, milk, eggs, butter & vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pipe or spoon the batter into each donut cavity until it is about 3/4 of the way full. This recipe will make about 12 donuts (I got 14 out of my batch).
- Bake for about 10-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. After, flip the pan and pop the donuts out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- When the donuts have fully cooled, prepare the glaze. Dip each donut into the glaze, return to the rack and allow to dry.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com