These Pumpkin Donuts are baked, not fried! They are super moist and quick to make. A perfect easy pumpkin recipe for the fall season!
A few weeks ago, I finally got around to ordering donut pans for myself. These have been on my wish list for ages! Cake donuts are my favorite kind of donuts and I’ve been so inspired by the flavors of the season that I knew I had to make some asap.
This is a great baked donut recipe.
The donuts are super moist and cakey and this whole recipe only takes about 20min to put together (that’s including bake time!). You could easily whip these up for breakfast in the morning.
Today, I went with a simple, thick icing to decorate these pumpkin donuts. I’m also a big powdered sugar person, so I can tell you that would work perfectly with these as well…plus, you wouldn’t have to wait for the icing to dry. See? I’m always thinking of ways to get baked goods to my mouth faster. 🙂
If you do make the icing, keep in mind when you’re dipping the donuts that the icing coats up the sides. You’re gonna want maximum coverage on these. Give them a really good dunk.
I’m so excited to make other donut recipes! I can’t believe it took me so long to pick up these pans, they’re not that expensive and I can’t wait to make donuts of all kinds. Also, elsewhere online I’ve seen people use these for baking eggs (the perfect shape for an English muffin sandwich…so smart!)
If you go to this link, you can check out the exact pans that I bought. I did some research and I feel like this set is the best one. Other pans that I saw have a lip of metal over the top which would be a disaster to clean.
I love that these pans are seamless, and nonstick. When I flipped the pan over to pop out my pumpkin donuts, they instantly fell out. It was great!
Each donut had the perfect donut shape because nothing stuck, which is essential when you’re dipping them into a smooth glaze.
- Yield: 12 donuts
For the Donuts
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp cardamom ((optional))
- 1/4 tsp clove
- 2/3 c pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs ((room temp))
- 2/3 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c whole milk
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Glaze
- 1 2/3 c powdered sugar
- 2 1/2 tbsp whole milk
- food coloring or sprinkles for decorating!
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and prepare your donut pans by greasing them with butter or shortening.
- In a bowl, whisk together all of the dry ingredients; the flour, baking powder, salt & spices.
- In a large separate bowl, combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, milk, eggs, butter & vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Pipe or spoon the batter into each donut cavity until it is about 3/4 of the way full. This recipe will make about 12 donuts (I got 14 out of my batch).
- Bake for about 10-13 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for about 5 minutes. After, flip the pan and pop the donuts out onto a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- When the donuts have fully cooled, prepare the glaze. Dip each donut into the glaze, return to the rack and allow to dry.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com