This childhood favorite is extra buttery with pops of marshmallows throughout which create a beautiful soft texture.
- 1 stick butter
- 3 10oz bags mini marshmallows
- 12 c crispy rice cereal
- pinch of sea salt
- Prepare a large, deep dish pan (a roasting pan or lasagna pan) by spraying it with nonstick spray (you can also put a piece of parchment on the bottom to ensure the treats won't stick).
- Measure out the cereal into a large bowl and set aside.
- In a large stock pot on medium heat, add the butter and begin to melt.
- Once fully melted, fold in 2 1/2 bags of marshmallows using a wooden spoon or heatproof spatula.
- Once the marshmallows are coated in the butter, keep stirring until the marshmallows are fully melted. The mixture should be completely smooth.
- Pour the cereal into the pot and gently fold the mixture together. Add the remaining 1/2 bag of marshmallows.
- Once the mixture is totally combined, pour it into the prepared pan.
- Spray your hands with nonstick spray and push the cereal mixture evenly into the pan.
- Allow to set for at least an hour. Cut into huge squares.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
I like to use a large pan with high sides to create huge squares. I find a lasagna pan works best.