Raspberry Vanilla Mousse is the tastiest way to enjoy fresh or frozen raspberries! Light, airy, creamy and smooth, this egg-free mousse requires just a handful of ingredients to make. Perfect for serving in glass dessert cups or as cake or pie filling.
- 2 c of fresh or frozen raspberries (thaw first)
- ½ c granulated sugar (raw sugar can also be used)
- pinch of salt
- 3 Tbsp cold water
- 1 ½ tsp plain, unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste (vanilla extract can be used)
- 1 c heavy whipping cream
- Purée the raspberries in a food processor or blender.
- Place a fine mesh sieve over a medium bowl and strain the purée.
- Once finished, stir in the sugar and salt to the bowl.
- Next, in a small bowl, stir together the cold water and gelatin. Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- In a small pot, heat the berry mixture on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until the sugar is dissolved. It's OK if the mixture simmers on the sides of the pot, but no need to bring to a full simmer or boil.
- Once the berry mixture is hot and the 5 minutes are up for the gelatin (it should be firm), add the gelatin to the pot.
- Stir and allow the gelatin to dissolve while the pot is on medium low heat. Do not allow the mixture to boil or simmer. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Once dissolved. pour the berry gelatin in a bowl. Set aside to cool.
- After about 20 minutes, add the vanilla bean paste to the gelatin mixture (it should be warm). Stir and allow the bowl to fully cool. This will take another 20-25 minutes.
- Next, make the whipped cream. Pour the heavy whipping cream into a large bowl and whisk/beat the cream until stiff peaks form. I like to use a hand mixer with a whisk attachment.
- Fold the whipped cream into the cooled raspberry gelatin until everything is combined. Use a whisk at the end to get rid of any small pockets of whipped cream.
- Pour the mixture into small dessert cups.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4-6 hours, up to 24 hours before serving.
Recipe by Owlbbaking
- Serving Size: 4
- Calories: 229
- Sugar: 28g
Keywords: raspberry mousse, frozen raspberries, no bake dessert, gelatin