- 3 tbsp butter (softened)
- 1/2 c light brown sugar
- 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon (I prefer using Ceylon Cinnamon)
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
- In a large bowl, combine the softened butter and sugar using a hand mixer.
- Mix until full incorporated.
- Next, add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg & salt.
- Mix on low speed to combine.
- The mixture will be crumbly and on the drier side. Feel free to use your hands to incorporate any remaining flour that didn't mix in.
- Top on quick breads, pies or cakes before baking.
This recipe will top once 9" cake, a loaf pan. Double for more topping as needed.
TIP: When you're adding streusel to breads, muffins or cakes...anything that needs to rise, be cautious about how much you add. Too much streusel can weigh down your batter, making it hard to bake properly.
Be sure to add a nice, even layer (a few big crumbles are OK!)
Try this recipe on my Blueberry Bread!
- Prep Time: 5
- Category: Streusel
Keywords: Streusel Topping