- 1 c unsalted butter (softened at room temp)
- 1 c granulated sugar
- 1 c light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 ½ c quick oats (see notes)
- ½ c old fashioned oats / rolled oats (see notes)
- If desired, feel free to add 1 c of raisins, chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, chopped nuts....etc.)
- Chilling the dough before baking is optional (the cookies will be slightly thicker). If you are not planning on chilling the dough, preheat the oven to 375° at this time.
- Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars until well combined.
- Add the eggs and mix until incorporated.
- Add in the vanilla and combine.
- In a large separate bowl, stir together the dry ingredients; flour, baking soda, salt & cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients with the mixer on low speed. Stop mixing once all of the flour is absorbed.
- Add in the oats and stir by hand to avoid overworking the dough.
- After the oats are incorporated, feel free to also stir in raisins, chocolate chips etc.
- If chilling the dough, cover the bowl and chill for 1 hour.
- Using a 1-1½ tbsp size cookie scoop, scoop the dough out onto the cookie sheets leaving a couple of inches in between each cookie.
- Gently press the tops of the cookies down to ensure even baking.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
Instead of blending the oats, you can use either 100% quick oats or old fashioned / rolled oats for this recipe.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Cookies
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: The Best Oatmeal Cookies, Chewy Oatmeal Cookies