For 3 Heart Shaped Hot Chocolate Bombs (for more, scale accordingly)
- Melt the white chocolate over a double boiler.
- To color the chocolate, you can do the following:
- Mix the chocolate and food coloring well until fully incorporated.
- Spoon a generous 2 teaspoons of chocolate into each cavity of the mold.
- Using a small offset spatula, spoon or butter knife, spread the chocolate up the sides of the mold ensuring every bit is completely covered.
- Give the mold a couple of taps on the surface to settle the chocolate, and set aside for about 5 minutes.
- After that time, spread the chocolate up the sides again to thicken the sides of the shell.
- Tap the mold against the surface another time.
- Place the mold into the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes until fully set.
- To remove the shells, tug the corners of the molds until the sides loosen. Use your fingers to push under the mold to pop the chocolate shell out.
- Grab a small plate and add water to cover the surface. Microwave for 30 seconds or until very hot. You can also run the plate under hot water for a minute. Wipe the plate down and dry it off.
- Place one of the halves, edge side down on the plate, and move it around to soften and melt the rim.
- Fill with 2 teaspoons of strawberry milk powder and some marshmallows.
- Repeat step 12 with the other half of the bomb and seal the two halves together.
- To decorate, drizzle one side with melted white chocolate and sprinkles.
- Allow chocolate to set, then package if desired.
- When ready to drink, place the bomb in the bottom of a mug and pour over 6oz of hot milk. Stir, enjoy!
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
- Prep Time: 1 hour
- Category: Candy
- Method: None
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 279
- Sugar: 37 g
Keywords: hot chocolate bomb, valentines day dinner, valentines day party, treats, DIY, gift ideas