For the Fritter Batter
- 2-3 Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apples (yield 2 cups diced)
- 1 1/2 c all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 c light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 4 Tbsp cold butter
- 1/3 c + 2 tbsp whole milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
For the Glaze
- 2 c powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp whole milk
- Prepare the air fryer basket or tray with a piece of parchment.
- Peel, core and dice the apples. Place in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, spices and sugar until well combined.
- Shred the butter using a cheese grater and add it into the flour mixture. You can also work the butter in using a pasty cutter, but the cheese grater method will distribute the butter more evenly.
- Stir the butter until well coated with the flour mixture.
- In a glass measuring cup or separate bowl, combine the milk, egg and vanilla.
- Pour milk mixture into the bowl with the flour and gently stir until just combined (do not overwork the batter).
- Fold in the diced apples.
- Using a small cookie scoop (1 1/2 tsp size) cluster 2-3 scoops of batter (to form 1 fritter) onto the parchment lined tray. With the back of the scoop, slightly flatten the top.
- Leave at least 1 1/2 inches of space between each fritter.
- Spray the tops with a neutral oil cooking spray.
- Air fry for 9 minutes at 375 degrees until medium golden brown.
- While the fritters cool, prepare the glaze.
- In a bowl, mix the powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
- Generously top each fritter with glaze. Allow to set 1 hour before storing.
- Will keep for 2-3 days in an airtight container.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Donuts
- Method: Air Fry
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air fryer apple fritters, air fryer desserts, baked apple fritter, apple donut, apple cider fritters, air fryer fritter, best, homemade, recipe, air fryer