Butter Pecan Thins are a delightful, buttery cookie full of chopped pecans! Crisp edges and a chewy center make these cookies great to enjoy alone or sandwiched together with frosting, ganache or melted chocolate.
- ¾ c butter (softened)
- ½ c light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- ½ c granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ c pecans finely chopped or roughly ground (pieces should be VERY small but still have texture)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter & sugars. Mix with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg & vanilla, mixing well. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom.
- Gently stir in the flour, baking powder & salt. Stop mixing as soon as it's incorporated.
- Add the chopped nuts and fold into the dough.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes. The cookies are done when the edges are medium golden brown.
- Allow to cool on tray.