© Owlbbaking, LLC. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without permission from owner is strictly prohibited. Click here for round-up feature consent.
Butter Pecan Thins are a delightful, buttery cookie full of chopped pecans! Crisp edges and a chewy center make these cookies great to enjoy alone or sandwiched together with frosting, ganache or melted chocolate.
Butter Pecan Thins are the perfect everyday cookie. They are supremely buttery, have crisp edges and a slightly chewy center. The crushed pecans are soft, nutty and oh so flavorful!
I'm not normally the thin cookie type of gal, but these sweet little cookies have turned that around.
I've been making this recipe for a while, but instead with hazelnuts. While I do love my hazelnuts, the delicate taste and texture of pecans is a beautiful thing. It's nice to be able to use pecans for something other than pie!
The base of the cookie can adapt easily to any choice of nut you prefer, but pecans are definitely a stellar choice!
Here are some other suggestions to swap out the nuts with:
- Pine Nuts
How to make butter pecan thins
These cookies give you all the flavors of Butter Pecan and are so easy to make. This is a one bowl cookie recipe.
The pecans are ground into small but rough pieces.
After mixing all of the ingredients, you'll notice that the batter is pretty thick and sticky. You'll need a 1 tablespoon cookie scoop to drop the dough onto the sheet pan. Be sure to keep enough space in between the cookies as they do spread quite a bit!These butter pecan cookies do not rise much in the oven- they stay thin and more crisp which makes them perfect for dipping in melted chocolate.
The edges of these cookies have a sandy, buttery, caramelized flavor. They're perfectly thin enough for a cookie sandwich, adding a spread of buttercream or ganache in the center.
Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to dip or sandwich these together with anything, so you'll have to use your imagination and trust me.
This is a great versatile cookie!!Print
- ¾ c butter (softened)
- ½ c light brown sugar (lightly packed)
- ½ c granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c + 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ c pecans finely chopped or roughly ground (pieces should be VERY small but still have texture)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter & sugars. Mix with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add in the egg & vanilla, mixing well. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom.
- Gently stir in the flour, baking powder & salt. Stop mixing as soon as it's incorporated.
- Add the chopped nuts and fold into the dough.
- Using a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes. The cookies are done when the edges are medium golden brown.
- Allow to cool on tray.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Category: Cookies