- 2 cups heavy whipping cream (cold)
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- blue food coloring (gel or liquid will work)
- 12-15 small chocolate chip cookies (about 1 1/2 - 2 inches diameter) (Chips Ahoy brand works well)
- 12-16 chocolate cream sandwich cookies (Oreo brand works well)
- Place a 9×5-inch loaf pan in the freezer to chill.
- Place the cookies on a cutting board and chop with a knife OR place in a plastic bag and smash into pieces using a rolling pin. Set aside.
- Add the heavy cream to a mixing bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Start with the lowest speed and gradually increase it to medium as the mixture begins to thicken (you can also use a hand mixer here).
- The cream will begin to thicken and form peaks. Mix on high speed until the cream is thick and firm and peaks stand on their own without collapsing.
- In a large bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, salt, and food coloring. There should be no streaks of food coloring.
- Add a large scoop of whipped cream into the blue mixture, and gently fold it in.
- Once combined, repeat the same step with the remaining cream. Be very careful to not deflate the whipped cream.
- Next, toss in the chopped cookie pieces, reserving 1/2 cup or so.
- Fold the cookie pieces into the ice cream base.
- Scoop the ice cream into the chilled loaf pan, smoothing out the top.
- Add the reserved cookie pieces to the top of the ice cream.
- Freeze for at least 8 hours or until fully set (overnight works best).
Recipe by Owlbbaking
- Prep Time: 15
- Chill Time: 8 hours
- Category: No Churn Ice Cream
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 Cup
- Calories: 343
- Sugar: 29.6 g
- Sodium: 313.4 mg
- Fat: 21 g
- Carbohydrates: 34.1 g
- Protein: 5.3 g
- Cholesterol: 61.1 mg
Keywords: cookie monster ice cream, no churn ice cream, ice cream recipes, cookie monster, homemade ice cream, cookie ice cream