Chewy Graham Cookies are thin and have a deep caramelized flavor. They are the perfect cookie to give plain ol’ s’mores a homemade upgrade!
I love classic s’mores, but there’s a little part of me that has even more fun experimenting with all of the s’mores ‘components’. If you’ve seen some of my other recipes, you know that customizing desserts is one of my favorite things to do. S’more are the perfect treat for trying new things. That’s what’s so great about them!
As long as you have toasted marshmallows and some form of chocolate, I say, anything goes.
My addiction to coming up with new twists on s’mores is what inspired me to make these cookies. I realize I’m not thinking too far out of the box, given these are still graham flavored, but this recipe gave me all the s’mores feels, along with thee best s’mores upgrade I’ve ever had.
Chewy Graham Cookies
These cookies are based off of my Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I decided to leave out the chips and swap some of the all purpose flour with Graham flour. The result, is an ultra thin, but densely chewy cookie.
The brown sugar in the recipe gives these cookies a deep caramelized flavor and really enhances the graham taste. I also added a touch of honey to drive the flavor home.
Instead of using a plain bar of chocolate, I opted for Ghirardelli Caramel Squares. You’ll need two toasted marshmallows to cover the area of these large cookies and one chocolate square to melt on top. The caramel from the chocolate adds creaminess and melts down the sides of the cookie.
*Swoon*If you plan on making s’mores, give this recipe a go!! There’s nothing better than a s’mores made with cookies. If you love keeping it classic but still want to upgrade to homemade, give my Homemade Graham Crackers a try too!!Print
Chewy Graham Cookies
Chewy Graham Cookies are thin and have a deep caramelized flavor. They are the perfect cookie to give plain ol' s'mores a homemade upgrade!
- 1 c unsalted butter (melted and cooled to room temperature)
- 1 ½ c brown sugar (lightly packed)
- ½ c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ c all purpose flour
- 1 ½ c graham flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar & white sugar. Mix thoroughly until all the sugar is incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla, eggs and honey. Mix well until fully incorporated, about 1 minute.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flours, salt & baking soda. Gently fold the dry ingredients into the butter/sugar mixture until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Scoop out cookie dough onto a tray with parchment, using a 2 tablespoon size scoop. Leave plenty of room as these will spread a bit. I kept it to 6 cookies per tray.
- Flatten the tops slightly using the tips of your fingers.
- Bake for about 9-11 minutes. Cookies should be a medium-dark golden brown.
- Allow to cool on the tray.
Recipe by Owlbbaking.com