©2021 Owlbbaking, LLC. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without permission from owner is strictly prohibited.Click here for round-up feature consent.
Fill these sweet little cookie cups with custards, fruit, chocolate ganache, curd, berries, whipped cream and more! Starting out with just 5 simple ingredients, you can add your favorite toppings to make a dessert all your own!
Today, I made these simple shortbread cookie cups. The cookie is slightly sweet, buttery and flakey. They are super fast to make with only 5 ingredients and they're even egg free! The most time consuming task of this recipe is pushing the dough into the mini muffin tin cups.
I'm sure you know by now that I love taking a blank canvas recipe and going wild with adding my own twist. It's fun to let go every once in a while and use fun flavors and different ingredients! I've used these cookies as a base for Mini Blueberry Pies, Nutella tarts topped with strawberries, and today I did Lemon Pie and S'mores.
If you love lemons, my variation of Lemon Pie using these cookie cups is absolute INSANITY.
Take some tart lemon curd and top with whipped cream. Dust with fresh lemon zest.
For fast indoor S'mores...
You could do banana cream pie, chocolate pie, fruit fillings...wait...OMG mini ICE CREAM SUNDAES. How fun would that be!?
I love making these for picnics, BBQs, and parties of all kinds. Better yet, you can make one or two batches and do all different kinds of toppings- everyone gets their favorite!Print
- ½ c or 1 stick unsalted butter softened
- ⅓ c powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¼ c all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray mini muffin pans with nonstick spray.
- Beat butter in the bowl until smooth, then add in powdered sugar and fully incorporate.
- Add in vanilla and salt and then slowly mix in flour. Beat until batter forms.
- Drop 1 tablespoon balls of cookie dough into each of the mini cupcake form. Using your fingers, press the dough up the sides of the pan as evenly as possible.
- Bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until the sides start to get golden in color. It took even a little longer for me. At the 15min mark, just be sure to keep an eye on them.
- Fill or top with anything your heart desires!
They are a bit difficult to get out of the pan. If you push the edge clockwise and give it a good turn, it should loosen up and you can lift it out.