©2021 Owlbbaking, LLC. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without permission from owner is strictly prohibited.Click here for round-up feature consent.
These HUGE chocolate chip cookies are chewy, crispy over the top and completely sinful. Sin City Cookies are delicious served warm right out of the oven!
I know I've endlessly raved about my own chocolate chip cookie recipe; the perfect balance of chewy & crispy, but I do want to clarify that I believe those are the ultimate chocolate chip cookies when it comes to a CLASSIC chocolate chip cookie. Other times, you want to switch it up because you're NOT looking for a classic. Maybe you're just looking for all crispy, or cakey, or....just a huge, over the top, giant, fabulous chocolate chip cookie. Something otherwise known as, Sin City Cookies.
This is a recipe I found on Giada de Laurentiis' website, Giadzy. I was browsing through the recipes, feeling super inspired because, well..
I just met Giada.
*cue the hardcore fangirling*
If you haven't heard, she just launched her new book, Giada's Italy, and it just so happened that her book tour came to a Costco near me!!
I'm a huge Giada fan and I was beyond stoked to meet her, get her sig and take a photo with her. I was so starstuck that I could barely speak to her. But, I managed to utter, "OMG thank you for coming and I love your new book". Way to play it cool...but, she did say, "Thanks!"
I thought about all the things I could have said. I wanted to tell her about my baking and the recipes I've made. It was tough! I got so nervous. It's a wild experience when you get to meet your idol!
Anywho, after meeting her I really wanted to bake up one of her recipes and found Sin City Cookies. From what I've gathered, they got their name from A) her restaurant in Vegas, & B) they're ridiculously huge (at a level which is almost wrong)...dare I say, almost sinful? Zing!
And quite honestly, by looking at the picture from the recipe on Giadzy, I really wasn't expecting much. It looked like a normal cookie. It didn't seem to have a show-stopping appeal. But, I made them anyway and dayum. DAYUM. They were insanely awesome. I didn't realize how good a huge, thick cookie would be. They did not last long in this house.
So, behold! Gigantic, AMAZING, delicious cookies courtesy of Giada. 🙂 And yes, she was as beautiful in person as she is on TV.
I hope you give 'em a try! You can find Giada's new book below!
Recipe by GiadzyPrint
- 3 cups bread flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (chilled and cubed)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs (chilled)
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the cold butter on medium for about 1 minute.
- Add the sugars and mix until incorporated. Next, add the eggs and the vanilla. Mix on medium to low speed for a minute or two; the mixture should look a bit separated. That's OK!
- Slowly begin to add the dry ingredients. Mix on low speed just until the dough comes together.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and fold in the chocolate chips by hand.
- Scoop 1 cup of the dough onto a parchment lined sheet tray and form it into a mound, flattening with your hand slightly. Place the entire tray in the freezer and freeze for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the tray directly from the freezer to oven and bake for about 20-25 min or until the edges are medium golden brown. Remove from the tray after 10 min and cool on a rack before serving.
In place of chocolate chips, I think chocolate chunks would work even better!
Recipe by: Giada de Laurentiis, Giadzy.com